The Club takes your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect about you?
When you join or visit the Club, we collect only the information required from you to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations. We may also collect further information through our website which allows us to contact you regarding events and offers at the Club.
As an employee we collect only the information required to fulfil the contractual relationship between you and the club and we only share this data with internal and external data processors.
How the information about you will be used.
When you join as a member, or pay a Green Fee,or enter into a society event, or open competition, we may share your information with internal and external data processors, including auditors, handicap administrators, and competition organisers. Your personal data is controlled internally by the Club’s Data Protection Officer, who adheres to the Club’s internal data protection policies and procedures:-
- Personal data shall be processed fairly.
- Personal data shall only be obtained for specified lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal Data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Data is not kept longer than is necessary.
- Data shall be processed in accordance with the individual’s rights.
- Data will be secure.
- Data will not be transmitted abroad without adequate protection.
We confirm we will not process data unless one or other of the following conditions apply:-
- The Data Subject has consented to the processing.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual.
- It is required under a legal obligation.
- To protect the interest of the individual.
- It is for the purpose of carrying out public functions, including complying with legal obligations.
- It is necessary to pursue our interests and those of third parties (providing such use is in accordance herein and with the Club’s data protection procedures).
Sensitive personal data will not be processed unless one of the following pre-conditions are met:-
- The individual has consented.
- The information is required by law for employment purposes.
- It is for the protection of the individual or another person.
- It is required to be processed by operation of law.
- Individuals have the right of access to data held about them. If a request for information is made we will reply within a month (or such time as specified later by the Information Commissioner’s office).
We will only process data necessary to establish or maintain membership and support and to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the Club, or who regularly make contact with it, unless it is necessary to share with people and organisations to carry out the Club’s activities.
We will only keep the information whilst the individual is a member or supporter or as long as is necessary.
You may have opted in for us to be able to correspond with you regarding our activities, including events and competitions by way of post, telephone, email and SMS. We do not share your data with external marketing companies. If you have consented to this correspondence, you can opt out at any time.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will only use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may be of interest to you, if you have told us that you wish us to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please email, or write, to the Data Controller at the addresses below.
The information will be provided in a portable machine-readable commonly used format, or in hard copy.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate. You may contact us by email or post, at the addresses below.
At the time of collecting data you have the right to object to the Club holding certain information about you.
Links to other websites.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How to Contact Us
Or write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Whitstable&Seasalter Golf Club
Tel: 01227 272 020