Use of Ride-on Buggies on the Golf Course
The purpose of this document is to establish a standard for the safe operation of all (Club owned and privately owned) ride-on buggies operated on the course at The Whitstable and Seasalter Golf Club.
Use of a ride-on buggy will not be allowed unless authorised by the Club and will be restricted to members, visitors and guests. Any person who operates a ride-on buggy on the golf course is deemed by so doing, to have the knowledge, training and skill to safely operate this vehicle and be fully accountable for their actions and the consequences thereof.
The Club Secretary or their approved nominee reserves the right to refuse permission if some or all of the conditions stipulated are not complied with.
The Club wishes all members to have an equal opportunity to play the course, however, from time to time the Club staff may determine that the state of the course or the weather is such that safety on or the condition of the course may be unacceptably compromised if a ride-on buggy is used. Where such conditions arise the club will review the situation on a regular basis.
Use in General Play and Competitions
During general (non-competition) play a ride-on buggy shall only be used by members, visitors and guests authorised to do so.
Ride-on buggies may be used during closed and open competitions.
Golf Club Safety Policy
The Club has a duty of care to all users of the golf course. The topography of certain areas of the course is such that caution and prudence must be shown by the user of a ride-on buggy. It is also necessary for the Club to provide adequately safe means of access for all golfers including those given permission to use buggies. Moreover, the Club has to ensure the safety of golfers who do not wish to use ride-on buggies but who might be at risk from a mechanically defective ride-on buggy or its careless use. This duty of care also applies to members of the public using the various rights of way.
To assist the safe employment of ride-on buggies all potential users (members, visitors and guests) shall comply with the following conditions:
- Ride-on buggies must be operated with the utmost courtesy, care and consideration for the safety and convenience of pedestrians. Pedestrians must be afforded the right-of-way at all times.
- The signs and instructions employed on the course to warn buggy riders of potential danger areas or, areas forbidden to ride-on buggies because of concerns about danger or, the potential to cause unacceptable wear and tear to the course, must be followed at all times.
- Ride-on buggy operators will be responsible for the security of ignition keys for the period that the buggy is on the property owned by the Club.
- The Whitstable and Seasalter Golf Club have no responsibility for ensuring the safe operation of ride-on buggies on or beyond the confines of the course and the club carpark. The Club will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to any property.
- The Secretary has the authority to immediately prohibit any individual from using or being carried on a ride–on buggy.